4. March 2013 08:55 by Rick Glos
Turned out really good with a loaf of hearty bread. Got the original recipe from here and tweaked it. As the original post states, nice and creamy without having to add cream.
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 cup of dried black beans (or 3 cans of black beans)
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- (optional) grated cheese on top to serve
Simmer beans in pot of water for 2-3 hours.
Heat large pot, add some oil, cook frozen corn for 4-ish minutes.
Drain, put 2/3 of beans in blender with chicken broth and blend.
Pour blended mixture, diced tomatoes, remaining 1/3 black beans, and salt into pot and simmer about 15 minutes or reduce to your consistency you like.